Welcome to Clave!

The Shadow World is full of whispers and rumours that Valentine Morgenstern, renegade Shadowhunter, is alive and well. Not only that but speculation is spreading that the cunning Nephilim is searching for one of the most revered treasures of the Shadowhunter world - the Mortal Cup. With it, he could create an army that would make his former Circle look like a group of missionless fanatics.

But the Clave are prepared. For years they have been summoning the second born of Shadowhunter families and training them especially as part of an Anti-Circle organization. If Valentine tries to recruit his old followers again, the Clave will be ready, and this time the Circle would be fighting against their own children....

Nephilim
52 M
60 F
00 NB
Warlock
28 M
29 F
01 NB
Vampire
16 M
17 F
00 NB
Werewolf
20 M
21 F
01 NB
Faerie
07 M
07 F
00 NB
Mundane
09 M
15 F
00 NB
Demon
03 M
01 F
00 NB

REPLY NEW TOPIC START POLL

The Sun, The Sea, You, And Me, Tag: Penny Pond September 9th
Candice Frost
 Posted: Mar 14 2018, 08:25 PM

Age // 210

Posts // 6

She/Her

Location // Los Angeles

Sexuality // Bi-Sexual

Status // Single +

Shade +

Candy always expected to wake up and have something exciting to happen. That's how she lived her life. While she spent a good part of her day at the Hard Shell Surf Shop, she spent the afternoons surfing and the evenings doing who knew what. She predicted the unpredictable every time she went out. She wanted life to be that way. She had a very long life to live after all.

One thing she wasn't expecting that day was to reunite with a person she hadn't seen in well over a century and a half. This made sense as a Warlock of two hundred-plus would not expect to see anyone from her childhood, aside from Ezekiel Frost of course, her mentor, who she visited in Beverly Hills all the time. But as for everyone else, she thought they were dead or living their immortal lives far from California. She hardly thought of most of the people from her distant past too. Well, there was one person...

For some reason, Candy had thought of Penny Pond around three o'clock that morning when she finally convinced herself to go to bed after some late night joyriding on her motorcycle. She still remembered those moments of joy in that bleak carnival. She wondered what had become of one who was her only friend at one time. By the late afternoon, Penny had left her mind again as she polished her surfboard near her beach house, which wasn't far from her shop.

Penny Pond
PM
^
Penny Pond
 Posted: Mar 15 2018, 07:34 AM

Age // 211

Posts // 9

She/Her

Location // Everywhere

Sexuality // Heterosexual

Status // Single +

"I seem to have forgotten something..."

Louise + GMT-0

When you got to Penny's age, you sometimes thought of people who had come and gone, mortal and immortal alike. If you moved around or they did, you didn't expect to run into them in the street though it was a pleasant surprise if you did. Unless of course you had animosity between you. And Penny had plenty of that with people. She just choose to leave it in the past. Why obsess over things that were gone and wounds that were better left to heal? But most of the people that occasionally crossed Penny's mind were old friends, neighbours and people that she'd known through other people.

On rare occasion, she even thought about her birth parents. Well, in her father's case he wasn't her birth parent, but he had been as good as, she was sure. She had no real memory of him. They had both been dead before she could walk. After that she hadn't had a family, just a few friends in the travelling circus. Aileen Byrne had been the closest of them until Penny had been rescued. For many years after Dane had rescued her, Penny had wondered if Aileen had eventually gotten away too. If she was okay. She had hoped that she would be. Sometimes hope was all that they had.

At any rate Penny hadn't thought about people from years ago in quite some time. She was minding her own business this morning, walking around the city and enjoying a bright day. She did love the climate of this place. It relaxed her and kept her in a positive frame of mind.

As she walked down along the beach, she looked up towards the beach houses and little stalls on the sand. Her heart swelled with affection for this place. Her mind was about to go racing off again when her eyes caught sight of a familiar person outside a beach house. She was polishing a surfboard but she was still recognizable and Penny felt her chest constrict as she realised that she was really looking at the woman after all these years.

“Aileen Byrne?” she called to her. “Is that you?”

Candice Frost

PM EMAIL
^
Candice Frost
 Posted: Mar 20 2018, 06:45 PM

Age // 210

Posts // 6

She/Her

Location // Los Angeles

Sexuality // Bi-Sexual

Status // Single +

Shade +

Candy froze when she heard the name being uttered. It was a name she had all but forgotten. It was a name from a life she had hated, a life that thankfully no longer existed. However, it was uttered by a voice she had wanted to hear for so long. Finally, she turned and her eyes widened.

"Pe... Penny?" she whispered. "Penny Pond?" Before she knew it, tears flooded her eyes. Holy crap, when was the last time she had wept? She stepped over and threw her arms around her long lost friend.

"I can't believe this!" she sobbed. "It's been... too long, way too long." When she pulled away, she formed a smile and wiped her eyes. "Oh... I actually go by Candy now, short for Candice. It's a long story, but I'd love to tell it to you... and I'd love to hear your story." She wiped her eyes some more and motioned to her beach house. "This is my place right here. Come on in. I'll make us some drinks."

How crazy was that? She had just thought of Penny Pond the night before, and here her friend was. She hoped they could catch up where they left off... aside from the whole part about being circus/carnival attractions. Those were the best kinds of reunions after all.

Penny Pond
PM
^
Penny Pond
 Posted: Mar 23 2018, 04:30 PM

Age // 211

Posts // 9

She/Her

Location // Everywhere

Status // Single +

Louise + GMT-0

Seeing her old friend again was unexpected but a deep pleasure at the same time. Penny's face lit up entirely as she processed the recognition on Aileen's face. It subdued the minimal doubt in the back of her mind that she might have had the wrong person. And with that confirmation came such a rush of relief and joy that Penny was moving forward almost as quickly as Aileen and soon the two of them were locked in a tight embrace. “Oh my god...” Penny murmured into her friend's neck. “Oh my god it's really you?! What are the chances?” she asked. It was something that people said but in their situation it really was a low odds chance of them actually finding each other. So many years had passed since they had seen each other.

“Candy,” Penny repeated after her friend corrected her on her name. “Candy,” she said again before her smile deepened. “I like it, it suits you,” she said. Candice was a beautiful name too and whatever made Candy more comfortable was not going to be something that Penny objected to.

“Thank you, that would be lovely,” she said. She had a feeling that the catching up would take quite some time.

Candice Frost

PM EMAIL
^
Candice Frost
 Posted: Mar 27 2018, 07:47 PM

Age // 210

Posts // 6

She/Her

Location // Los Angeles

Sexuality // Bi-Sexual

Status // Single +

Shade +

Candy gave a light laugh when Penny spoke of the chances of them running into each other.

"I'm thinking the same thing," she said. "But I know it's you. Nobody gives a hug like you do." She embraced Penny again.

Candy smirked a bit when Penny said her current name suited her.

"I like it," she said. "Candy Frost really meshes with this city." She then smiled. "I'm glad you didn't change your name though. I've always loved saying it... Penny Pond. It's still adorable."

Once inside, Candy made some tropical drink. The recipe allowed the booze to be mild and hardly tasted. She filled two cups and walked over.

"Got the recipe online," she said. "Most of what I make is from recipes online. I never was that great a cook. I eat out most of the time anyway."

Once they were settled, Candy began her story.

"Sooo, it took me almost drowning in our little show to be rescued," she said. "A traveling American author and warlock named Ezekiel Frost found me. You may have heard of him. He's an award-winning screenwriter now. Anyway, he adopted me, brought me here, and named me Candice. I've lived in California for over a century now, and I've loved it. Got my beach house, my shop, my surfing. And now I have my best friend back." She grinned at Penny. "So what about you? How did you end up here outside my humble home?"

Penny Pond
PM
^
Penny Pond
 Posted: Apr 6 2018, 02:10 PM

Age // 211

Posts // 9

She/Her

Location // Everywhere

Status // Single +

Louise + GMT-0

“Thank you,” Penny laughed as they pulled away from the hug, “I see you're still as sweet,” she said. In the life of a warlock, you, unfortunately, got used to saying goodbye to people and faces that had been once so familiar to you, faded into mere memories. But it was wonderful to have Aileen's face spring back into life and reality right in front of her. Looking at her again, it was like being back together, when they were kids. Maybe not dwelling so much on the circus but all the good times they'd managed to enjoy together. Penny's chest swelled with nostalgia as she thought about it.

“Candy Frost,” Penny tested out the name again with a laugh. “It really does, doesn't it?” she agreed. “You sound like a fairground treat,” she giggled. “Wouldn't it be wonderful to meet a warlock who was called that?” she asked. “Especially if they actually had pink hair too. Thin and soft like candy.”

She smiled at the compliment. “Yeah, it sounds like a character from a children's story too,” she admitted.

Penny took one of the cups and tasted the drink. “Hey cook or not, you made this nice. Some people can't even follow a recipe,” she said.

Listening to Candy's story, Penny felt a sharp sense of regret for not doing more to help Aileen too. But she'd only been a child and had assumed that someone good would have helped Aileen out in the end. Which they had luckily but there were no guarantees about that. “I'm glad you were also one of the lucky ones, to get out of there.” she clarified.

When asked about her own story, she shrugged. “There's not much to tell really. I was rescued by a warlock named Phoenix and then... I just travelled and... got up to random things really. I do own a little shop though.”

Candice Frost

PM EMAIL
^
Candice Frost
 Posted: Apr 10 2018, 11:52 AM

Age // 210

Posts // 6

She/Her

Location // Los Angeles

Sexuality // Bi-Sexual

Status // Single +

Shade +

Candy rolled her eyes as Penny joked about someone with candy-like hair being named Candy Frost. This Penny was what kept Candy from going nuts during their days in the carnival. She had been forever grateful for that. She might not have been where she was if it hadn't been for Penny.

"Well I would hate to know that someone stole my name," she joked. "I rather like being the only Candy Frost around." Candy then smiled at how Penny always sounded like a name from a children's story. "It does, doesn't it? You know, I bet I could get Dad to write in a character named Penny Pond into one of his kids' movie scripts."

Candy smirked at the compliment about her drink.

"Thanks," she said. "Glad you like it."

Candy shook her head, thinking of who all was left behind.

"I'm glad as well," she said. "After you left, that bastard brought in this sweet warlock girl, around four years old, named Leelee. She had the most beautiful carnation pink skin. He made her stand with the carnival barker, hoping her cuteness would draw people in. Behind the scenes, he treated her like he did the rest of us, and she couldn't take it. She went crazy. I don't know what happened to her after I left. I wish I could have taken her with me."

Penny's story was short, but that was alright. They were reunited, and that was all that mattered.

"I want to show you everything while you're here," she said. "Hollywood is as amazing as they say it is. You'll love it!"

Penny Pond
PM
^
Penny Pond
 Posted: Apr 20 2018, 07:31 AM

Age // 211

Posts // 9

She/Her

Location // Everywhere

Status // Single +

Louise + GMT-0

Penny grinned at her friend, remembering her well. “I don't think there could ever be another Candy Frost,” she said. “Not one like you anyway.” Even though Penny had always known her as Aileen Byrne, she could see herself picking up Candy Frost with little trouble. It probably helped that they hadn't seen each other in so long. Habits weren't quite the same when you went decades without using them. Such as using a specific name for someone. “It'd be funny to meet someone called Candy Floss though,” she said, “especially if they were a warlock too,” she mused.

She laughed at the idea of a Penny Pond character in the movies. “Oh wow. You probably shouldn't though. If they were based on me, I'm not sure how interesting a character I would make.” People would probably just find her strange. Penny preferred the term quirky but that was life.

Penny's expression soured as Candy told her about a little girl who'd been taken in by the group and how it wasn't known what hapened to her. “We can only hope that she got lucky like we did. Although,” she paused, “you could try and find her. I mean there are plenty who were around at the time. Maybe ask the local Downworld community.”

She didn't want to burst Candy's bubble but Penny felt like she should be honest. “Oh I've been here before but it's been a while,” she said, “so a refresher tour would be lovely.”

Candice Frost

PM EMAIL
^
Candice Frost
 Posted: Apr 22 2018, 08:54 PM

Age // 210

Posts // 6

She/Her

Location // Los Angeles

Sexuality // Bi-Sexual

Status // Single +

Shade +

Candy smiled warmly when Penny said there couldn't be another Candy Frost, and no one like her.

"Same for you," she said. "No one could have made me smile like you did back then. I've missed you more than you could know." She then chuckled about Candy Floss. "Dad actually introduced me to a warlock once whose last name was Floss... no... wait... it was Gloss. Forgot the first name."

Candy shook her head about Penny not being interesting as a character.

"I know I'd watch the movie," she said. "And buy the action figure."

Candy shook her head when Penny spoke of trying to find Leelee.

"I tried," she said. "Trust me, once I had settled here with my father, I had tried. I never heard anything. Some of the warlocks said they'd let me know, but... geez... I don't even know how long ago that was now."

Candy raised her eyebrows at Penny having been in the city. Her heart, on the other hand, fell.

"Wow, I wished I had known you were here," she said. "So much lost time, and losing that time sucks... even when one could live forever." She then shook her head. "Okay, screw all this negative. Let's drink up and go have fun. You wanna learn how to surf?"

Penny Pond

PM
^
Penny Pond
 Posted: May 4 2018, 07:34 AM

Age // 211

Posts // 9

She/Her

Location // Everywhere

Status // Single +

Louise + GMT-0

“Thank you for saying so. I think my time there was only just bearable because of our friendship,” Penelope said as she thought back to those times. They were so hard but when you were trapped in that kind of situation, you had to learn to adapt and make the best of it. For her that had been talking to some of the other 'freaks' like her. She was just glad that Aileen- no, Candy, had made it out of there. “Seeing some of the world and travelling doesn't count for much if you don't have your freedom for it,” she mused.

Penny smiled at the remark about a warlock named Gloss. “It is interesting how so many of our kind opt for a single syllable name. I think it's a name quirk. Although I do know one warlock who kept her maiden name whenever she wasn't married. Freya O'Callaghan, I think her name is. But she doesn't have a mark and she can have children.”

The idea of there being a movie and an action figure of her made Penny laugh. “Oh stop now!” she laughed affectionately. “I don't know what I would make of that if it came down to it. It seems so strange.”

It was really disheartening to learn that Candy had had no luck in locating the other warlock. Fortunately there were many other options as to what might have happened to her other than the glaringly tragic obvious - that the warlock had died or had been killed. Not that all of the other possibilities were necessarily better. But there was a good chance that the warlock was still alive somewhere. It was a big world after all. “Maybe put the word out among the clans and packs,” Penny said. “I'll help. We can even ask the Shadowhunters if they've had any dealings with such a warlock.” But even as she spoke the words, she knew that option was more of a last resort. The Shadowhunters were very busy and they would probably be reminded of that but still, if they put the word out all over the world... “If we ask around everywhere maybe someone might know her. She could have moved.”

Penny was all for changing the mood of the conversation and her new friend's suggestion of having some fun was not something that Penny was going to argue with. “Yeah, I'd like to give it a go.” Trying new things was something she liked to do quite often. Try new things, see new places, meet new people and in today's case, reconnect with people from her past.

@[Candy Frost]

PM EMAIL
^
Candice Frost
 Posted: May 15 2018, 05:05 PM

Age // 210

Posts // 6

She/Her

Location // Los Angeles

Sexuality // Bi-Sexual

Status // Single +

Shade +

Candy smiled about how traveling didn't matter if you didn't have your freedom. She was so grateful she had hers. Her adoptive father had been so good to her, and had allowed her to live her dreams.

"Freedom's definitely been good to me," she said.

Candy had heard of unmarked warlocks. She'd probably envy them more if she ever cared to have kids. As for her mark, a simple glamour covered those when she needed one too, and the rest of the time, she enjoyed the "fins".

"I've never met an unmarked one myself," she said. "But that's nice that she can have children. Right now, I'm looking into adopting a dog. My last one passed on not too long ago. You know how it is, warlocks don't age, but those they love do..." She sighed a bit at the thought of parting with her last dog, a Chow named Cinnamon. She was a great pal.

Candy grinned when Penny said she wouldn't know how to handle having a movie and action figure.

"Awww, come on," she said. "Don't tell me you wouldn't want a little plastic you on your shelf."

Candy appreciate Penny offering suggestions, but she shook her head and sighed.

"Penny... it's been a long time," she said. "I hope she's doing well out there somewhere, but... regardless I haven't heard anything at all. Thank you for your concern and advice though. I sincerely appreciate it."

Candy grinned when Penny agreed to try surfing.

"Sweet!" she said. "I have a lot of spare boards. When we go out, you can take your pick."

Penny Pond
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

OPTIONS REPLY NEW TOPIC START POLL

Affiliates
Resources & Directories
Sister Sites
Static
Scrolling