Welcome to Clave!

The Shadow World is full of whispers and rumours that Valentine Morgenstern, renegade Shadowhunter, is alive and well. Not only that but speculation is spreading that the cunning Nephilim is searching for one of the most revered treasures of the Shadowhunter world - the Mortal Cup. With it, he could create an army that would make his former Circle look like a group of missionless fanatics.

But the Clave are prepared. For years they have been summoning the second born of Shadowhunter families and training them especially as part of an Anti-Circle organization. If Valentine tries to recruit his old followers again, the Clave will be ready, and this time the Circle would be fighting against their own children....

Nephilim
51 M
59 F
00 NB
Warlock
27 M
28 F
01 NB
Vampire
15 M
17 F
00 NB
Werewolf
18 M
21 F
01 NB
Faerie
06 M
07 F
00 NB
Mundane
09 M
14 F
01 NB
Demon
03 M
01 F
00 NB

REPLY NEW TOPIC START POLL

A Lucky Escape, Tag: Ragnor | 10th July
Selena Pendragon
 Posted: Mar 29 2017, 01:10 PM

Age // 18

Posts // 14

She/her

Location // London, England

Sexuality // Heterosexual

Status // Single +

Gyoro + GMT

Your smile breaks through the clouds of grey
Selena hadn't really dated before now, though she had had crushes on the odd boy she'd met here and there. She had recently met Kyle, a handsome Shadowhunter only a few years older than her who lived at the London Institute. He was a nice guy, very polite and had asked her out on a date. She was super nervous, but something had made her say yes. Though afterwards, in her room, she had freaked out. Eventually her sister had calmed her and even helped her find a nice outfit. It was nice to wear a skirt when she could.

He took her to an upscale pub, something more casual, which she liked. Though she knew him some from the Institute, she had never been properly alone with him and she felt shy. When they got to the pub, though, there were no tables so they had to wait at the bar for a little bit. Selena asked for a non-alcoholic drink which he got her. She soon felt rather relaxed and sipped her drink.

However, not everything was good as it seemed.

Selena turned around to look at her surroundings and to see if there were any tables yet and Kyle quickly put something in her drink without her knowing. When she turned back, it was like nothing had happened. She had no idea what he'd done. She took a few mouthfuls before smiling at him.

Tag: Ragnor Fell Words: 237 Notes: None
© SHE MEANS WAR AT ATF
PM EMAIL
^
Ragnor Fell
 Posted: Apr 25 2017, 01:46 PM

Age // 567

Posts // 37

He/Him

Location // Paris

Status // Single +

"I don't like parties"

Louise + GMT-0

Ragnor had been going to the pub for centuries. It had been around for several centuries though it had been through plenty of refurbishments and design work on it since then. So maybe it wasn’t quite the same pub but the spot was the same. These days it looked more like an upscale bar. Ragnor missed the old layout though. He was more comfortable in pubs than he was in bars but he felt drawn to this place so he was still considered something of a semi-regular. Habits were hard to break. Besides there were some familiar faces behind the counter that he recognised which helped and the drinks were cheap.

Even with the bar being upscale, Ragnor still showed up in an old fashioned brown jacket, a white shirt and some cord pants. He didn’t look horrendously out of place but he still attracted a few stares. Still, he thought as he sat at the bar, at least these mundanes couldn’t see his true appearance. Then he’d probably clear the bar out. Which would be a nuisance as well as offensive.

He’d been sat at the other side of the bar for about an hour, drinking beer and reading through a book. It was only by chance he happened to glance up. Two young people were sat at the bar having a drink together. He got the vibe that they were on a date. The girl was beautiful, with a very gentle looking face. Whether she was like that underneath was an entirely different story. However she was looking away from her date for the moment. Ragnor was about to turn away himself when he saw her date slip something into her drink.

The warlock frowned but the girl looking around made sense. She was probably in on it. They were probably either doing drugs or enhancing the alcohol without being willing to pay the extra. To be honest, Ragnor didn’t much care as long as the girl knew about what was being put in her drink. It would be a different story if this guy was going around spiking her drink. But unlike a certain friend of his, Ragnor was not prone to interfere or rat these people out for slightly scamming the establishment.

Instead the warlock took another sip of his drink and turned back to his book. It was an interesting novel about two couples who swapped partners for a year as a joke and ended up falling in love with them. A bizarre concept but the drama amused Ragnor. Real life drama was quite another matter though.

He’d gotten on with reading for another couple of minutes before the girl suddenly commented on her drink tasting funny. Ragnor’s attention was caught and he looked up at the couple again. More specifically, the guy. He could see the marks that identified him as a Shadowhunter. Ragnor looked to the girl who seemed confused by why the drink tasted funny. As if she didn’t know what was in it.

Ragnor clicked his fingers and the girl’s drink shimmered out of existence. He turned his attention to the girl’s date, his face hardened with disapproval.

“Didn’t your mother ever tell you that it’s disgusting to drug someone?” he asked. “Especially when they don’t know about. I thought you Nephilim were all about honour,” he sneered. “Clearly this apple fell very far from the tree.”

Selena Pendragon

--------------------
PM EMAIL
^
Selena Pendragon
 Posted: Apr 27 2017, 10:30 AM

Age // 18

Posts // 14

She/her

Status // Single +

Gyoro + GMT

Kyle seemed rather nice and she was enjoying herself, even if she was a little nervous. Selena just wasn't very good around guys, she didn't really know why. But as she sat there, wondering why the drink tasted different to how it usually was, she was at least content to know that there was someone who had an interest in her. Selena didn't think she was ugly, just...maybe more on the cute side to pretty and her shyness didn't exactly invite much attention.

Her drink suddenly disappeared and she managed to stay on her stool, but it had surprised her. Selena looked around at the voice and spotted a Warlock sitting close by. She'd met a number of Warlocks, some whose marks were obvious, some whose marks were hidden. This man had green skin and horns, it gave him such a striking look and she couldn't help but think him handsome. Which she should not be thinking, but then from his words...

Selena looked at Kyle in alarm, her mouth hanging open as she tried to think of something to say. He seemed very far away, though. "Drug?" She said slowly, it felt difficult to get the word out. Kyle, on the other hand, was looking at the warlock with disgust. "Mind your own damn business, Downworlder; you don't know anything," he said, getting off his stool and placing an arm around Selena, who was very confused.

"What...did you put...no, stop," Selena said thickly, struggling to speak, fighting a haze.

Tag: Ragnor Fell Words: 250 Notes: None
© SHE MEANS WAR AT ATF
PM EMAIL
^
Ragnor Fell
 Posted: May 17 2017, 07:55 AM

Age // 567

Posts // 37

He/Him

Location // Paris

Status // Single +

"I don't like parties"

Louise + GMT-0

The female Shadowhunter’s companion was characteristically unpleasant for someone who’d been caught up to no good. He cast a defensive remark back at Ragnor and proceeded to stand up and put an arm around the girl. Ragnor nearly rolled his eyes. This guy was a walking cliche, trying to handle the girl like she was his property. “Oh, you’re a pig too?” Ragnor remarked, arching a dark green eyebrow into his hairline, “that’s good to know.” It wasn’t really. Except in the sense that Ragnor might actually enjoy teaching the brat a lesson or three about both drugs and treating other people with a speck of decency.

“You say I don’t know anything,” Ragnor remarked as he lifted his hand and green flames licked at his fingers. “I’ve been living on this Earth long before you were a regret in your parents’ hearts,” Ragnor smirked. A play on the phrase that children started off as twinkles in their mothers’ eyes. It was a cute idea but when you were a warlock and, most likely, had been rejected by your parent (or hidden away in his case), this was a particularly hard idea to grasp. Ragnor had been lucky, he had known that his parents had loved him but they probably wouldn’t have called him a twinkle. “You’re the one who knows nothing, Shadowhunter.”

He turned to the girl. “He slipped something in your drink while you were looking away. You should be more careful around your drink,” he told her before his gaze shifted back to Kyle. “Then again you should be able to trust your companions. What a pity you chose to be accompanied by sewer scum.” He knew he sounded like he was having a go at her but people should be more careful and yet it wasn’t her fault either. Still, maybe this incident would sharpen her danger senses. They should have been heightened enough what with her being a Shadowhunter but apparently she was a bit more naive. That only made what Kyle had done, all the sicker.

When the girl asked Kyle to stop, Ragnor stepped forward. “I believed the lady asked you to let go. A gentleman would follow her wishes. Of course sewer scum wouldn’t listen. Which do you want to be? Of course there’s a third option,” Ragnor began to smile meanly, “I could turn you into an insect and bring this up with the Clave?” He looked back at the girl. “Are you two with the New York Institute?” he asked. It could be seen as a stupid question but sometimes Shadowhunters just passed through a city without allying with the local Institute.

Selena Pendragon

--------------------
PM EMAIL
^
Selena Pendragon
 Posted: Jun 12 2017, 08:32 PM

Age // 18

Posts // 14

She/her

Status // Single +

Gyoro + GMT

While Selena struggled with a hazy mind, her so-called date sneered at the Warlock. "I told you to mind your own business, disgusting warlock," Kyle spat. Selena blinked slowly, but frowned, looking at him, listening to him and to the man who was angry at her companion...and not a great one, though her brain was having trouble focusing. "He's not...he's not..." Selena breathed. Why was it so hard to talk? What was Kyle doing? What had he done? There was a drug...and that was why she felt this way?

"Sssh, shh, it's okay. Sweetheart, this warlock...he's drugged you, okay? I'm going to keep you safe, just don't panic. Don't want the mundanes to panic, alright?" Kyle said, sickly sweet, though while she didn't quite believe the words, the tone of too sweet coming from him didn't register. "But you said...but he's not...please get off me," Selena whimpered.

"I'm helping you...unfortunately this warlock is causing a scene...wouldn't want to have the Clave on you for disrupting the peace, hm?" Kyle threw at Ragnor. Selena blinked at Ragnor's question, thinking about it. "Just...arrived here...at London," Selena said, before trying again to get out of Kyle's grip. He managed to lift her and dart right past Ragnor, getting to the exit and out the door.

Tag: Ragnor Fell Words: 212 Notes: None
© SHE MEANS WAR AT ATF
PM EMAIL
^
Ragnor Fell
 Posted: Jul 25 2017, 02:51 PM

Age // 567

Posts // 37

He/Him

Location // Paris

Status // Single +

"I don't like parties"

Louise + GMT-0

Ragnor's gaze sharpened as he kept an eye on Selena. He didn't know how long it'd be until the effects of the drugs kicked in. Depending on where he got them from, it could be anytime from now. Ragnor just hoped that it wasn't some kind of fae drug. Some of them were the worst and most despicable kinds. But then again all drugs were, to different people. Some had tolerances, some had increased susceptibility. It would be generally easier on Ragnor's overall night if this girl did not have the latter.

Her companion's charming remark didn't go unnoticed either. Ragnor's gaze shifted to him as he took a slow step forward, his eyes darkening. “Disgusting, am I?” Ragnor repeated. “I think that's rather rude considering you don't even know a damn thing about me.” He argued. His features twisted as he continued. “But then people who speak as you do about my kind, don't need to, eh? You make up your own mind to suit your own agenda.” He began to sneer. “I long stopped caring what your kind thought of me or what insidious scum like you had to say.”

He looked towards the girl again who seemed to be caught in between a state of shock and speaking difficulties. It could be either but it still put Ragnor further on edge.

The Nephilim took things a step further by trying to pain Ragnor as the drug dropper instead. Not a cliched move but not an original one either. It was wicked and irritating but it didn't phase Ragnor as much as it might have. He'd lived too long to let a jumped up snake get the better of him so easily. Ragnor listened as the guy played up his need to 'protect' the girl from the dirty warlock. The pretence made Ragnor's lip curl. The guy's tone was too disgustingly sweet and thick with charm, to be believable.

However Ragnor couldn't count on the girl seeing the truth. The drug would likely have taken hold about now. There was no way of knowing what drug it was without examining the girl with his magic. That wasn't likely right now with her stupid date acting like a bad mannered goblin. It wasn't the girl's fault of course if the drug did kick in now. It just made everything more difficult. For once a Nephilim was innocent and yet another Nephilim was part of the problem.

However some fortune was on Ragnor's side as the girl seemed to have enough awareness to be suspicious of her companion, asking him to let go of her. He didn't seem to be paying the slightest bit of attention to what she wanted though which only increased Ragnor's irritation. “I believe the lady wants you to let her go. How about showing some humanity and actually listening to her? But I suppose since you drugged her in the first place, I can't expect that.”

“Nice try accusing me though,” Ragnor said with false sincerity. “But I'm afraid you were a few brain cells short of a perfect plan there.” He said with a satisfied smirk before he cleared his throat. “Because if all that was true and it was me giving your date here drugs, and you had witnessed that,” here Ragnor held up a finger, “well that rather begs the question as to why you didn't speak up or stop her drinking it?” He challenged him. “Oh,” he continued, “and if you are going to say that you didn't see it then you'd have no leg to stand on that it was me. So you can't have it both ways, sunshine.”

Ragnor shook his head at the mention of the Clave. “As a law abiding Shadowhunter,” Ragnor mused with a scoffing noise in his throat, “this is the sort of thing you would have to report. Not try and shut me up with a threat. So far you are not doing a great job of knowing your own customs, are you?” he asked. “But perhaps you're hesitant because the Clave probably wouldn't believe your sorry ass over an ally of theirs who has already proven himself.” He finished his speech with a slightly smug smile at Kyle.

Selena's answer about the location made Ragnor realise he'd answered with his New York address in mind. He spent so much time over there that he often felt like he'd not moved around when he did. “My mistake, my mind is still in New York,” he told the girl gently before his gaze glared at Kyle, “where there are plenty more of your ilk.”

The Shadowhunter may have been a cocky chancer but he was fast and suddenly he picked his date up and dashed out of her. But Ragnor was no slowcoach either. He was faster than his age gave him credit for and so he moved seconds behind them, darting through the crowds into the street below.

It was both a blessing and a curse that it was so busy since it would hinder Kyle's escape. On the other hand if they got separated then Ragnor would end up in a pickle too. But he did have some good aim and so he summoned an immobilising spell in his hand before flicking it towards Kyle.

Selena Pendragon

--------------------
PM EMAIL
^
Selena Pendragon
 Posted: Aug 23 2017, 11:56 AM

Age // 18

Posts // 14

She/her

Status // Single +

Gyoro + GMT

The drug was taking rapid effect and her brain had gone all hazy, she barely understood what was going on. Selena dropped in and out of hearing, though something Kyle said (was that his name? Maybe it was Ben?) bothered her. She twisted to look at him but stumbled some in her attempt. She had managed to sputter something, trying to tell Kyle or Ben that the warlock wasn't disgusting and the meaning did get out there. Hopefully. "I don't need to know you; you demonic halfbreeds are just that; the result of a demon tricking or assaulting a human. And look at you, all icky green, gross," Kyle spat.

Selena got enough of what he was saying to blanch and she tried to push him away again. "Why---" She asked, she couldn't get the question out. Her speech was less coherent than her thoughts, though they were hazy.

"I may not have seen you, but you're the obvious suspect. I've seen plenty of warlocks do it in the past, it's a game to you. I should really take her home and look after her," Kyle said, making Selena cringe. It didn't sound right, she knew warlocks weren't all bad. Like there were bad shadowhunters there were bad warlocks but she'd never met one.

"Why would they believe a downworlder? You can't honestly think they think you trustworthy when you're not?" Kyle asked. Selena's condition slowly got worse and worse, and she didn't know what she was listening to but this warlock, he...was right, how could Kyle or Ben jump to the conclusion that it was this warlock if he didn't see it? She didn't understand and had a bad feeling that he wasn't who she thought he was.

Selena tried to scream but all that came out was a whimper. "Stop, get off," she tried to scream but it was futile, could anyone hear her?

And then he stopped suddenly, she just about stayed in his arms but they seemed stuck anyway that she couldn't get out without some effort, which she managed, tumbling to the floor. She crawled as far as she could before the floor started turning her upside down and she clung to it for dear life, crying.

"Let...me...go, you filthy warlock," Kyle hissed as much as he could under the spell. "Don't listen to him, Selena, he's lying."

Tag: Ragnor Fell Words: 393 Notes: None
© SHE MEANS WAR AT ATF
PM EMAIL
^
Ragnor Fell
 Posted: Sep 8 2017, 06:56 AM

Age // 567

Posts // 37

He/Him

Location // Paris

Status // Single +

"I don't like parties"

Louise + GMT-0

Ragnor was more than familiar with the offensive talk that Nephilim like Kyle had thrown at his kind. He'd had centuries of experience at it and he'd long stopped taking their insults to heart. If he hadn't, he probably would have gone into hiding or destroyed himself a long time ago. Just because the Accords existed, didn't mean that suddenly no one was bigoted and offensive towards Downworlders anymore. They just meant that there was less they could get away with without breaking Shadowhunter Law. These people were still out there, breathing their disgusting poison around and working on emotionally destroying warlocks instead. Well, Ragnor had stopped giving the Nephilim the power to do that.

So when Kyle slurred about him being a demonic halfbreed and made a scathing sound about his green skin, Ragnor barely batted an eyelid. He did consider how it would have been wonderful to have been born with tusks perhaps, like an elephant and how satisfying it would feel to skewer this ingrate on them. But that thought disappeared quickly. Tusks would be very inconvenient, even with magic. Shrinking the Nephilim down and impaling him on the tiny horns that Ragnor had been born with, however, was an amusing thought indeed and it was one that inspired a sneer to form on the old warlock's lips.

“Bravo,” Ragnor told the Shadowhunter boy with a slow clap. “Did you think of that one all by yourself? That sounds like a child's insult. But,” he added with a vindictive smirk, “at least you know how warlocks are born. Gold star for you,” he told him.

While he was paying attention to the male Shadowhunter, to be aware of anything he might do, Ragnor's attention did keep darting to Selena to make sure she was okay. After all, whatever drug had been put in her system would be taking effect now and Ragnor needed to examine her to uncover what kind of drug it was and how best to treat her. But it was difficult to do that when this rat-monkey was getting in his way, being about as useful and civil as a diseased fish. Ragnor took a slow, subtle breath, fighting the urge to grit his teeth.

The girl was trying to get away from her companion now. So she must still have some coherent thought left but apparently not the strength. That really pissed Ragnor off. It was one thing getting them too drunk or drugged to move but this drug seemed to be sapping her physical strength too and that meant that even with some consciousness, she couldn't fight back. It was despicable and Kyle's next statement about how Ragnor was the obvious suspect really pissed the warlock off even more.

“It's a good deflection technique you have there,” Ragnor said, an edge firmly in his voice now. “You say I'm the obvious suspect even without seeing me do anything. That's the trademark of someone covering their own tracks. You're giving yourself away, Shadowhunter. Not blessed with many brain cells, are you?” He smirked himself, slowly and deliberately annoying. If he could provoke the Shadowhunter into losing his temper, he might loosen his grip on the girl. Ragnor would use the Shadowhunter's lack of clear intelligence against him, if he needed to.

The next step would be causing a scene in this bar and for the girl's sake, they needed to not do that unless it was absolutely necessary.

He shook his head when the Shadowhunter spoke about trust. “Well,” Ragnor said with a sudden, humourless laugh, “ignoring the fact that the Clave is aware of my trustworthiness and that I have served a role in your precious Academy and I have assisted the Clave many times,” he pointed out, “there is also a little matter of the CCTV in this place. So,” he sneered, “I hope you smiled for the camera, little Shadowhunter.”

The drug definitely seemed to impact the Shadowhunter girl's vocal calls. She didn't scream as she was carried out and Ragnor was sure that she would if she could have. He didn't have to know the girl. He'd seen her try and fight her predator companion off. She didn't want to go anywhere with him now. That was an even bigger incentive for Ragnor to do what it took to make sure she didn't have to.

In the street, the magic flew from his flicked wrist and hit the douche square in the back, immobilising him. Ragnor sprinted up to them, confident that his spell work would hold. As he got there, the girl was rolling out of her companion's arms and fell to the floor. Ragnor could see the girl didn't have a lot of strength yet but even he could mentally applaud her for doing anything to get out of Kyle's grasp. It made it that much easier for Ragnor to take action as he reached them. He scoffed at Kyle's last attempt to persuade Selena that Ragnor was the bad guy.

“Too stupid to give up, then?” he asked before he hit the Shadowhunter with a hard sleeping spell. He'd lost the required patience to give him a standard one. He double checked that the three of them were glamoured now at least and then turned his attention to Selena, kneeling before her.

Without saying anything, he twisted his wrists and conjured a pale green light in his hands. He directed it at her and watched as it began to move over her, detecting the drug and how it was impacting her. He watched symbols from demonic languages, telling him what the drug was doing and how potent it was. He took a deep breath as he could see that she was starting to hallucinate now. This wouldn't be easier. It would have been easier to stop the drug before it got to this stage but he hadn't had the opportunity too. “It's a powerful drug,” he told her although he didn't know how much she would be able to comprehend. “But I will help you.” He stood up and began to conjure a portal around them, creating redirection spells to influence the mundanes into giving this patch of street a wide berth for now. The portal activated, linking this street to his apartment. Ragnor turned to Selena and gently lifted her with his magic rather than try and grab her. He didn't fancy getting a panicked kick to the face. He turned and grabbed Kyle, pulling him in the portal with him after he levitated Selena alongside him at the same time.

The portal lingered for only a few seconds after they had gone and soon they were in Ragnor's apartment. The warlock lowered Selena to the sofa.

Selena Pendragon

--------------------
PM EMAIL
^
Selena Pendragon
 Posted: Oct 5 2017, 01:14 PM

Age // 18

Posts // 14

She/her

Status // Single +

Gyoro + GMT

The guy she had been with, the name was slipping her increasingly hazy mind, kept arguing with the warlock man. And what little thoughts she could muster kept having alarm bells ringing, wanting her to get far away from him. He did this to you kept repeating over and over, and she wanted to make it all stop. These feelings were horrible and she had no control, she couldn't get the guy to back off. If anything, he just held on tighter. The man with the green skin, though, kept it up too, kept trying to help.

She saw magic around her, but she kept still, not that she could really do much at this point. Selena closed her eyes, hearing him speak and telling her he would help her, and she didn't know what to feel, so was so out of it. The next time she opened her eyes, she was on a sofa, soft and cushioned. In an unfamiliar home, though she didn't have the strength to move. Was it his home? It must be. She heard herself whimper though she doesn't remember making the sound and her attempt to look around only slides her head to the side where she can see the rest of what looked like a lounge.

Selena could see him as well and blinked up at him. He was tall, that much she could tell. Handsome. But she didn't feel threatened. The irony that a number of her people thought anyone part-demon lived up to that, but she had just been drugged by someone part-angel...Selena whimpered again at the thought and tears collected at the corners of her eyes as she tried to block out what he could have wanted with her, but they kept coming, thanks to the drug, the hallucinations.

Tag: Ragnor Fell Words: 299 Notes: None
© SHE MEANS WAR AT ATF
PM EMAIL
^
Ragnor Fell
 Posted: Oct 12 2017, 09:45 AM

Age // 567

Posts // 37

He/Him

Location // Paris

Status // Single +

"I don't like parties"

Louise + GMT-0

This was not an entertaining position to be in for Ragnor. He was hardly a social creature and he wasn't exactly what anyone would expect from a hero or a saviour either. He wasn't heartless and he had strong morals. But that didn't necessarily mean that this sort of action suited him. As soon as he had brought everyone back to his apartment, he knew he had to prioritize and quickly. He put Selena under a stasis spell. It would require a great deal of power and concentration to battle the drug and it would be much better for everyone if the scum Nephilim warrior was out of his line of sight before he lost his temper and risked the Accords. So he took care of Kyle first.

A fire message to the London Institute and a Portal to an arranged meeting place soon had Ragnor handing over the delinquent Shadowhunter to the daughter of the Institute Head, Dominique Greencross. She promised to take the crime seriously and that she would report everything to her father. She even thanked Ragnor for taking care of one of their own. That had been a little bit unusual. Even these days, Ragnor still sometimes found it odd to be thanked. Even with people who had been treating Downworlders well for years. It came of centuries of maltreatment from the Nephilim. Old habits die hard and all that. The Accords didn't wipe that out.

Ragnor was glad to hand over the scum and he was quick to return to his apartment. There, he could remove the stasis spell on Selena once he had set her up in a guest room where she could be comfortable and he could work better. The sofa was not ideal. The bed had plenty of space for her to lie safely in the centre and for him to perch on the edge and have enough space to work. He performed some spells to confirm the drug that was in her system. It took some minutes but he soon worked it out. Sadly this drug wasn't the first encounter he had had with it. He knew how to treat it without needing to keep consulting his textbooks. One thorough read and reminder and he was ready to go.

He cast the spells intricately and carefully. Green magic swirled like tendrils in the air, spreading over her body, hovering and glowing as it worked on withdrawing the poison through the air. He conjured another spell to subdue any pain that the first spell might be causing and a third spell to keep Selena sedated for now. Eventually he may have to ease off one of the spells. He couldn't keep all three spells at full potency if it took a long time.

Fortunately, the fact that he'd acted fast meant that it didn't take longer than half an hour to complete the extraction. After that he removed the sleeping spell and the extraction spell. He did keep the painkilling one on for another ten minutes before he removed it.

Selena Pendragon

--------------------
PM EMAIL
^
Selena Pendragon
 Posted: Dec 11 2017, 09:09 PM

Age // 18

Posts // 14

She/her

Status // Single +

Gyoro + GMT

When Selena started to stir, she let out a little whimper as she blinked open her eyes. The first thing she noticed was that, of course, she was now lying down on something soft and she didn't feel funny like she did before. Which brought her back to earlier, slowly remembering what happened. She'd been with Kyle, she started feeling funny...and there was a handsome Warlock there. She remembered vague amounts, though it was all very confusing. Had she dreamt it all? Selena had felt funny, but she hadn't drank anything...

She looked around and saw the warlock from her memories there. He had green skin, white hair and horns. Selena knew some warlocks hid their marks, possibly because of past judgement, but his were ones not easily hidden by mundane means. But as her mind started to clear, she started to wonder where she was and how she had come to be here. Something happened with Kyle, something...but what was it? She licked her lips, looking at the man for a few minutes before she finally plucked up the courage to speak.

"Um, what happened? Where am I? Who are you?" Selena asked a little timidly. Other Shadowhunters might have been more aggressive. Then again, some of her people might have jumped up and escaped by now because they were prejudiced. It rather disheartened her that there could be people like that.

Tag: Ragnor Fell Words: 233 Notes: None
© SHE MEANS WAR AT ATF
PM EMAIL
^
Ragnor Fell
 Posted: Dec 27 2017, 03:53 PM

Age // 567

Posts // 37

He/Him

Location // Paris

Status // Single +

"I don't like parties"

Louise + GMT-0

Ragnor had dealt with many different types of Nephilim. Prejudiced, non prejudiced and people in between. He enjoyed his experiences (as much as he expressed anyway) with the non prejudiced more than the others. Although there was something to be said for hiking up one's prices to deal a dick with a bad attitude a well deserved blow to the wallet. So in that sense, maybe he did enjoy dealing with the prejudiced just a little bit. Enough for it not to be a complete pain. He generally didn't approach those Shadowhunters to offer his services. He rarely approached anyone. He was found via his contacts in the Clave or from people he'd worked with in the past or anyone from the Academy. His employment connections with the Shadowhunters were considerable after all.

He liked to think that he had a good sense of judgement when it came to people and first impressions were very important to him. People had to work very hard to create a decent second impression if they mucked up the first. But it wasn't unheard of. This girl, unlike her scumbag date, if it was a date, seemed to be okay. She hadn't looked at Ragnor like he was dirt under her shoe so that was something. Not that Ragnor really cared beyond helping the girl.

He was just fetching some water and a few pieces of dry bread when he heard the girl awaken. Water would be the priority but if she was up to it, she should eat something. He had avoided any flavourings in case it made her sick. He could spruce it up if she felt up to it but he'd rather not have vomit on his rug. (He got enough of that with the cats from time to time. Hare's looking at you, Betsy-Rae.)

Ragnor had helped enough people to know that it was better to appear within their line of sight gradually rather than just appear and give them a heart attack. So he approached Selena gradually. “My name is Ragnor Fell. You're in my apartment.” He told her. “You were drugged and it very much looks like your... date... did that to you,” he said breaking it to her with pauses, to let it sink it. “I've already had your people come and collect him. He was trying to abscond with you. I've removed the poison from your system. You may feel delicate for a while,” he gestured to the refreshments, “you should have some water and food too.”

Selena Pendragon

--------------------
PM EMAIL
^
Selena Pendragon
 Posted: Mar 12 2018, 02:46 PM

Age // 18

Posts // 14

She/her

Status // Single +

Gyoro + GMT

From what she could focus on, the room seemed nice, not one she felt too wary about. Not that she was really one for gut feelings, which she would especially soon find out. A man with a lovely shade of green skin came into her view, one who was familiar...from the vague memories from earlier...last night? She wasn't sure how much time had passed. However, he started answering her questions and she sat up a little, slowly. Her face fell at hearing it was her date who had done this to her. Selena really wasn't a very good Shadowhunter, surely she should have been able to stop him?

Her face couldn't hide the shame and disappointment in herself, but not the kind that was mixed with pride. Selena just felt like she was bringing her family's reputation down with how terrible she was. She loved her family and they loved her, and she knew they didn't care, but it still worried her terribly. Hunting demons...she only did it because it was her duty. She would rather not and she felt ashamed.

"Oh gosh...and he seemed so nice..." Selena said miserably. She was so naive.

Selena looked back at Ragnor and nodded, definitely not feeling one hundred percent. "Thank you," Selena whispered, still a little too shocked to say much more. Was she an easy target? That wasn't even a question, she knew she was an easy target. She looked at the refreshments and remembered the drink, as hazy as it was, but she took a deep breath and looked at him again. "Th...thank you. I...oh gosh, if it weren't for...oh gosh." Her hands cupped her face as the dams broke, even though she didn't want them to, the tears fell. "I-I'm so-sorry, I just..."

Tag: Ragnor Fell Words: 294 Notes: None
© SHE MEANS WAR AT ATF
PM EMAIL
^
Ragnor Fell
 Posted: Mar 13 2018, 12:28 PM

Age // 567

Posts // 37

He/Him

Location // Paris

Status // Single +

"I don't like parties"

Louise + GMT-0

Ragnor could see immediately that he didn't have to remind the girl of what had happened to her. He watched the emotions appear across her face, including shame in particular. He would have argued that she had nothing to feel shame about, she was with a comrade and you were supposed to be able to trust them with your life. But Ragnor knew that many Shadowhunters just wouldn't accept that and would shoulder some of the responsibility anyway. Why, well he could understand that a bit. Sometimes it didn't matter what people told you? It still felt like you'd done something. Not that he would speak for the girl of course. But judging by her expression, something along those lines was going on in her head.

”People like him can be very persuasive,” Ragnor said objectively, ”no one would trust them or fall for it otherwise.” He didn't even think about how patronizing that sounded. But he'd lived a much longer life on this Earth than she had. He had had many lessons that he had only learned through bitter experience. The girl had been reasonably decent to him considering her situation. So a little advice and help wasn't too much to offer, he felt.

Advice he could manage. Tears, he could not. And of course the girl had to start crying. Ragnor stiffened as the girl began to break down before his eyes. He looked away, contemplating what to do. He wasn't sure about offering her physical discomfort but words didn't quite seem enough either. He looked around the room before summoning a box of tissues. ”You are safe,” he said in a somewhat gentle tone, ”I have already had him taken to Godfrey Greencross for his punishment. He was a clever young man. Not someone to be underestimated, I'm sure,” he added.

Selena Pendragon

--------------------
PM EMAIL
^
Selena Pendragon
 Posted: Mar 19 2018, 09:14 PM

Age // 18

Posts // 14

She/her

Status // Single +

Gyoro + GMT

Selena felt rotten, guilty and ashamed. She hadn't seen it coming. If she had, she would have not gotten into this mess. Shadowhunters were supposed to be good at avoiding this, though she had never exactly been good at her job. It wasn't something she would choose for herself if there was a choice, though she would never want another family. It was an extremely difficult mindset. She knew her family would forgive her, love her still, but there was nothing Selena could do. She just had to do what she could without getting herself killed. Perhaps work on finding a less combative role.

Whatever that was. She didn't have any strengths.

"I'm not so sure. I don't...I'm sure plenty of people could have spotted it. I am so useless," she said glumly, though she appreciated his words. She looked sheepish. "I'm sorry, I-I-I'm grateful for your words of encouragement." She hadn't been brought up to be rude, after all, even when wallowing in her own despair.

Selena looked at the tissues and took them gratefully, stammering out a thank you as she started dabbing her eyes. She nodded, sniffing. "Thank you, I-I re-re-ally app-appreciate it," Selena said. She wasn't sure she wanted to go on another date for a while. How was she going to know whether they were for real or not? Next time she may not have someone like Ragnor to save her from another Kyle.

Tag: Ragnor Fell Words: 239 Notes: None
© SHE MEANS WAR AT ATF
PM EMAIL
^
Ragnor Fell
 Posted: Mar 22 2018, 07:20 AM

Age // 567

Posts // 37

He/Him

Location // Paris

Status // Single +

"I don't like parties"

Louise + GMT-0

Ragnor felt for the girl, which wasn't something that he often said about Shadowhunters. But it was an unpleasant experience that she had been through. Ragnor could make a pretty educated guess at what would have happened if he hadn't intervened, or anyone hadn't intervened. He assumed that Kyle had been attempting date rape with that drug. Unfortunately such things were becoming more and more common. Most of the times, that he heard of, it was mundanes or other Downworlders doing it. The fact that it was a Shadowhunter, someone who was supposed to be 'superior' was disgraceful and only proved Ragnor's sense that the children of the Angel could do with losing a few pegs of moral superiority in their attitude.

The girl calling herself useless was oddly painful to listen to and he did feel bad for her. ”It's really not your fault,” he told her in a firmer voice this time, firm but not unkind. ”Unfortunately there are many people like that scroat in this world, and they are very good at hiding their intentions. That's how this disgusting behaviour spreads.” Like cockroaches, there always seemed to be one crawling out to try and pull that stunt. ”It only takes a moment to look away from your drink and your people are encouraged to trust each other.” Which just made the whole set up even worse really.

Ragnor managed a small smile at her thanks. ”It's really nothing.” He looked over her features. She seemed recovered somewhat. ”How are you feeling, physically?” he asked.

Selena Pendragon

--------------------
PM EMAIL
^
Selena Pendragon
 Posted: Mar 28 2018, 04:55 PM

Age // 18

Posts // 14

She/her

Status // Single +

Gyoro + GMT

Selena nodded, understanding. She was always so quick to admonish herself thanks to her terrible self-confidence, and yet Ragnor was attempting to quell her insecurities. She needed to be braver and be more confident. She needed to at least hear him and understand him, take in his words and understand that he was right. He had to be. Of course, she didn't know him and how old he was, but he seemed at least older than her. Seemed wiser too. "You're right. I'm sorry. I've never had much confidence in myself. To tell you the truth, I'm not the best Shadowhunter around," she said.

But she tried. She tried and that was what mattered.

"I feel tired, but otherwise fine. Just...more emotionally drained than anything," she said, finally taking the refreshments he had offered her and taking a sip of water first. A sip turned into a large one and she closed her eyes. She was grateful that her memories were hazy. She knew she could access them with the recall rune, but she really didn't want to.

She was surprised that whole being rescued by a handsome man thing would happen to her. Selena shouldn't need rescuing or at least that felt like the mandate of some of the more stubborn and prideful Shadowhunters, but even if she wasn't...well, her, she knew there was no shame in getting help. Shadowhunters weren't advised to hunt alone all that much, though she knew some did anyway.

"I hope I didn't ruin your night," Selena said softly. Of course, it couldn't be helped when you were doing the right thing, but she couldn't help but say it.

Tag: Ragnor Fell Words: 275 Notes: None
© SHE MEANS WAR AT ATF
PM EMAIL
^
Ragnor Fell
 Posted: Apr 12 2018, 05:20 AM

Age // 567

Posts // 37

He/Him

Location // Paris

Status // Single +

"I don't like parties"

Louise + GMT-0

Over his many years of life Ragnor had encountered many Shadowhunters who were prideful and so sure of their own success that they couldn't even comprehend needing help. His experiences with those of the more humble variety was pretty limited but he knew they were out there. However Selena was one of the very few he'd met who actually had a lot of doubt over their own ability. In fact, she seemed downright insecure. It might have been refreshing to see in one of the more assholic Shadowhunters. But seeing it in this girl was just sad.

It made Ragnor curious about what kind of background she came from, whether she had any encouragement at home at all, or whether she was just one of those people who had trouble believing in themselves.

”You needn't be sorry,” Ragnor said with a smile playing on his face, ”that's pretty much the most refreshing thing a Shadowhunter has ever said to me.” He looked at her. ”A lot of your people aren't good at admitting when they struggle.” He didn't want to say that he really had no evidence to counteract Selena's argument. Just as he had no evidence to back it up either. He hadn't seen her in a combative scenario. He'd just seen her trusting the wrong guy. And that could happen to anyone.

”Look,” Ragnor told her honestly. ”I don't know how good you are but what happened tonight has nothing to do with your Shadowhunter skills or whatever. You should be able to trust your colleagues. At least now you know, and by now your Institute Head will know. I'm sure the Clave will find a fitting punishment for trying to attack a fellow Shadowhunter. That's an extremely serious offence.” Ragnor had worked alongside the Clave, through his time at the Academy, for long enough to know that.

Ragnor said nothing about the girl being emotionally drained. He left her be a little while so she could drink and process. But he kept an eye on her and kept the tissues close in case she wanted to cry again. He was surprised when she commented on ruining his night. ”Oh, uh, no you didn't. I had no plans.”

Selena Pendragon

--------------------
PM EMAIL
^
Selena Pendragon
 Posted: Jun 13 2018, 12:25 PM

Age // 18

Posts // 14

She/her

Status // Single +

Gyoro + GMT

Selena smiled despite herself, knowing that much was true. There were a lot of them with too much pride and it wasn't exactly healthy. She knew her limits, far too well really, and she felt sad that many of her people didn't treat Ragnor and his people the way they should be: with respect. They were all living, breathing things. Well, vampires had it a bit differently, but they were still people. She knew her ancestry had a warlock in it, one she saw infrequently, but saw all the same.

"You're right there," Selena agreed. She didn't know how old he was, but possibly much older than her, old enough to form a strong opinion perhaps. Not that it mattered much; Selena didn't judge people by anything but their attitudes, though she was so soft-spoken that she found it hard to speak up for herself. She wondered if she would ever not be such a damsel, in need of rescue. Her time Shadowhunting wasn't spent being gifted, more like trying to do her job but stay alive too.

Selena listened to him as he spoke, and he made sense, even if she was having a hard time believing it. Perhaps it wasn't her shadowhunting skill, but she imagined her sister wouldn't get into this sort of situation. "Maybe," she said softly. She looked at him with a small smile. "I imagine Mr. Greencross will take good care of it now it's in his hands. Thanks to you." "Your night would have been nicer without all that, though without you there...not sure I'd be so lucky. I really hope to be able to thank you in some way other than just words," Selena said.

Tag: Ragnor Fell Words: 283 Notes: None
© SHE MEANS WAR AT ATF
PM EMAIL
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

OPTIONS REPLY NEW TOPIC START POLL

Affiliates
Resources & Directories
Sister Sites
Static
Scrolling