Welcome to Clave!

The Shadow World is full of whispers and rumours that Valentine Morgenstern, renegade Shadowhunter, is alive and well. Not only that but speculation is spreading that the cunning Nephilim is searching for one of the most revered treasures of the Shadowhunter world - the Mortal Cup. With it, he could create an army that would make his former Circle look like a group of missionless fanatics.

But the Clave are prepared. For years they have been summoning the second born of Shadowhunter families and training them especially as part of an Anti-Circle organization. If Valentine tries to recruit his old followers again, the Clave will be ready, and this time the Circle would be fighting against their own children....

Nephilim
51 M
59 F
00 NB
Warlock
27 M
28 F
01 NB
Vampire
15 M
17 F
00 NB
Werewolf
18 M
21 F
01 NB
Faerie
06 M
07 F
00 NB
Mundane
09 M
14 F
01 NB
Demon
03 M
01 F
00 NB

REPLY NEW TOPIC START POLL

The Truth Will Always Out, tag Tessa/Jace, 4th June
Celine Herondale
 Posted: Sep 24 2016, 01:05 PM

Age // 17

Posts // 137

She/Her

Location // New York

Sexuality // Pansexual

Status // Crushing on + Declan Shadowheart

Louise + GMT-0

Celine carefully drew the bow across the strings, drawing out a long, high and beautiful sound, the beginnings of one of the more difficult melodies to play. But one that Celine was adamant that she would perfect one day. With the violin nestled securely against her shoulder and the movement of the bow, almost a second nature to her by now, she closed her eyes and let the music she produced filled the room. Playing the violin, or even just listening to music, was one of her go-to activities for working off the adrenaline of a hunt or trying to get back to sleep.

In today's instance, she'd already been hunting all last night and then had awoken to a letter from Amatis asking her how things were going, enquiring after her music. Celine realised she probably hadn't been as thorough with her practice as she ought to be so now here she was. She'd warmed up with a few familiar melodies before progressing onto the ones that required a little more work.

There was a beautiful piece she wanted to imitate someday, from a Disney film she'd watched. It was called Brave, an endearing story about a Scottish archer and the issues she had with her somewhat domineering mother. A great plot with some beautiful music. One day she would try and recreate 'Touch the Sky', Celine promised herself.

She continued to practice, opening her eyes whenever she reached a still, somewhat unfamiliar movement with the bow. But her back was to the door and she didn't hear it as it creaked open.

Tessa Gray

--------------------
user posted image

Credit goes to pretty little gif hunts for my gifs and the wonderful Heart for my avatar and signature!.
PM EMAIL
^
Tessa Gray
 Posted: Sep 28 2016, 09:14 AM

Age // 145

Posts // 101

She/her

Location // Manhattan

Sexuality // Heterosexual

Status // Single +

In my dearest memories, I see you reaching out to me. Though you’re gone, I still believe that you can call out my name. A voice from the past, joining yours and mine, adding up the layers of harmony.

Gyoro + GMT

user posted image user posted image
Tessa had requested that she see Celine at the Institute, even requested through the Lightwoods so that it was all well and proper; despite the fact that she was part Shadowhunter, she was mostly Warlock. At least, that was the more dominant side to her. After all, she was immortal and performed magic, but she could not utilise runes. She got permission, at least, and had readied herself to go. She'd invited Celine around to her place, and had welcomed her to visit whenever she wanted. Of course, she'd extended that invitation to the Blackthorns too, even though they were in Los Angeles.

Because if they visit and wish to stay outside the Institute, well, there were possibilities.

She readied herself, wearing a long red dress with white underlay, that was neither formal nor one of those night out ones. Tessa liked to wear a mixture of tops and trousers, and dresses, and today was a dress day. She wore an ankle sheath, a habit not quite forgotten from her days Shadowhunting with Will and others. She may live as a Warlock, but she was of Shadowhunter blood too. Sometimes she thought about returning to that life, out of nostalgia, but she thought that it might not go down well.

She was close to the London Institute at that time because of those circumstances, but times had gone by, likely she had been forgotten, and tensions were a little high.

Tessa portalled to a spot close to the Institute and made her way there, before ringing the bell. Celine's parabatai answered the door, someone she had met fairly recently and got on with. After being led to the room, Tessa thanked Skye and slowly opened the door to see Celine practising her violin. She smiled, adoring the sound.

Tag: Celine Herondale
Words: 298
Notes: None.
Template created by blackrose538 of Caution 2.0

--------------------
Brown hair just above the elbows, blue-grey eyes. 5"9'.
PM EMAIL
^
Celine Herondale
 Posted: Oct 1 2016, 11:33 AM

Age // 17

Posts // 137

She/Her

Location // New York

Sexuality // Pansexual

Louise + GMT-0

When Celine had first started out playing the violin, within the first hour she had pouted and declared it the hardest instrument on the planet to pick up. She had had difficulty holding it, learning to move the bow so that it didn't let out a piercing screech that Amatis claimed had nearly made her deaf. It was a fact that her guardian affectionately liked to bring up now and again, to remind them both that Celine had come a long way musically. She'd picked up the skill in good time, learning at her own pace.

When she was playing an old favourite or just a melody she was very familiar with, she could allow herself to tune out the world and lose herself in the music. It usually took some time to build up to this, or rather, to relax into it.

For instance right now, it was only the sensation that she was being watched that made Celine falter in her music. She picked up the note again and turned round to see Tessa watching her. Celine smiled back at her and continued onwards. She had been taught to always finish a melody and if Tessa was enjoying listening then that just gave Celine another bubble of pride, knowing that Tessa approved. She continued the melody through to the end before lowering her bow.

"Tessa," she greeted warmly.

Tessa Gray

--------------------
user posted image

Credit goes to pretty little gif hunts for my gifs and the wonderful Heart for my avatar and signature!.
PM EMAIL
^
Tessa Gray
 Posted: Oct 2 2016, 06:39 PM

Age // 145

Posts // 101

She/her

Location // Manhattan

Status // Single +

In my dearest memories, I see you reaching out to me. Though you’re gone, I still believe that you can call out my name. A voice from the past, joining yours and mine, adding up the layers of harmony.

Gyoro + GMT

Tessa adored music, and it was perhaps only that playing the violin might make her think too much about Jem and her heartache that she did not pick one up. She had taken to the piano, though, just a little. She was no Yiruma, but after years of practice, she was content with her playing and she'd been told she did have some talent. Enough to at least not destroy people's souls or eardrums. Hearing Celine play was soothing, She was glad to at least not have disrupted her too badly; even if Celine was expecting her, it didn't mean she did not simply get lost in her music and be distracted.

She walked up to her and gave her a hug. "Are you well?" Tessa asked. She pulled away and smiled at her warmly. She nodded at the returned question. "I am. I was thinking now that we have reacquainted and whatnot, that perhaps you would like to hear more about your ancestry. About my time with the Shadowhunters, how I came to know your great something grandfather...all that. It is a long tale, if you are willing to hear it. It certainly isn't without its excitement, though at the time I didn't think it such. The dangers, I mean."

Celine had been far too young before the seven year gap, but now at seventeen, around the age she had been when her life had been turned upside down, she was old enough.

Words: 244

--------------------
PM EMAIL
^
Celine Herondale
 Posted: Oct 9 2016, 04:29 AM

Age // 17

Posts // 137

She/Her

Location // New York

Sexuality // Pansexual

Louise + GMT-0

Celine carefully lowered the violin into its case that she'd rested on the piano along with the bow. After making sure they were secured in there, she turned back around to face her ancestor who moved in for a hug. Celine welcomed it, wrapping her arms securely around the warlock, smiling into Tessa's hair. “I'm great,” she told Tessa affectionately. “I love seeing you so often now,” she said as she rubbed Tessa's back. “How are you?” she asked after a moment when she pulled back. “Enjoying your break so far?”

Tessa confirmed that she was well also and proceeded to offer Celine the chance to learn more about her ancestry, especially Tessa's own history with the Nephilim and how she'd met Will etc. Celine brightened at the offer. She'd been told some things about Will, Jem etc but to have it all told as a story, a history of that section of the Herondale line, well she would really enjoy that. She liked looking back into her own line.

“Tessa, I would love that,” she told her enthusiastically. “Perhaps we could go to the kitchens if you want a drink while we do or somewhere more comfortable?” she suggested.

Tessa Gray

--------------------
user posted image

PM EMAIL
^
Tessa Gray
 Posted: Oct 12 2016, 05:56 PM

Age // 145

Posts // 101

She/her

Location // Manhattan

Status // Single +

Gyoro + GMT

Tessa smiled. "As do I, I am glad to have taken a break, and it will be a long one," she said. She had descendants in both New York and Los Angeles, but ultimately her history with the former won out in regards to where she would live. Not that she didn't visit the Blackthorns a lot either, she made quite frequent ones. Her great something grandchildren there were all quite the characters, all in their own separate ways. And thanks to Andrew, she even had a couple of half-Fey grandchildren, which she had no problem with.

"I'm very much enjoying it; I've managed to decorate my place some more since you last saw it, it's done, actually. I'll invite you around again when you're next available," Tessa said. Perhaps she would invite Celine with her sometime when she visited the LA Institute so that she could meet some very distant family, but for now, they were here.

Tessa was glad she wanted to hear the story; it had to be odd enough to have a Warlock ancestor and only be vaguely aware of the details.

She smiled. "Perhaps the library? I can get us some drinks. I've always loved libraries and would very much like to see the one here," Tessa said. When Celine agreed, Tessa followed her to the library, and once there, she found herself looking around before looking back at Celine, summoning to glasses of juice before offering one to Celine. "Where to start...well, the beginning, I suppose..."

"I was born in New York, had an older brother, Nathaniel, but my parents died when I was reasonably young. My aunt took us in and raised us from there, however she died when I was sixteen, while Nathaniel was in London. I went to join him there, but was taken in by two sisters, one a Warlock, one an Eidolan demon, though I was none-the-wiser. According to them, I had an ability to change my shape. I can take an item and turn into the person who owns it, even access their memories. Dead or alive. It took a lot of time, and it was quite unbearable at first. However, that is when I met Will, who got me out of there. He took me back to the Institute, where I lived from then on," Tessa said.

There was a lot to tell, and she did, slowly, with plenty of gaps.

She smiled sadly, looking off into the distance. "The truth is, I fell in love with both Will and Jem. A pair of parabatai, two warriors that are two parts of one whole. I once said it was like a platonic or familial soulmate, but I feel that word is a little too romantic-associated. At the time, it all felt wrong. I fell for Will, but I also fell for Jem. I felt so overwhelmed, it felt a little wrong. Will rejected me, Jem proposed to me, and I know, no matter who I was with, I would have been conflicted, caring for the other too," Tessa said.

She continued the story, all the important bits, and when she got to the end, she felt a little wearied, but it was to be expected. "I worked alongside Will as a Shadowhunter for some time. I practice, now and then," Tessa said. She looked at Celine with a small smile.

Words: 563

--------------------
PM EMAIL
^
Celine Herondale
 Posted: Oct 13 2016, 12:45 PM

Age // 17

Posts // 137

She/Her

Location // New York

Sexuality // Pansexual

Louise + GMT-0

“Good,” Celine declared firmly at her grandmother's insistence. “Because seeing you once every seven or more years or so... that sucked. Next to Amatis, you're my closest family.” Feelings wise anyway. Back in Idris she still had Imogen Herondale and... well, Celine found her unsettling and intimidating, with her harshness and undying belief that Stephen, Celine's father had been brainwashed by Valentine. It was conviction that Celine did not share. She simply believed that her father had gotten involved with something he thought was important and had done so under his own conscience. She didn't spare much thought for her father. What had happened to him was a shame but she didn't know him.

“I'd really like to see it,” Celine smiled. She liked Tessa's taste. From what she'd seen of it anyway.

Celine moved towards the doorway. “Yeah, the library's far more comfortable anyway." The music room was ideal if you wanted to practice some melodies but it was an awkward area for a life story to be told. So Celine followed her through the halls before they reached the library. It was empty which was an added bonus. No one would disturb them and they wouldn't disturb anyone else in return.

She sat on one of the sofas and accepted the glass of juice, her gaze training on Tessa in preparation of the story.

Celine listened with some sadness to the struggles that Tessa had faced as a young girl. From the little that Celine knew of Victorian society, people still died quite young. Healthcare had improved but even still, from the sounds of things it wasn't uncommon to lose your parents in childhood. But it was what Tessa admitted next - the power she'd discovered on her arrival in London, that had Celine straightening up in her seat. She didn't interrupt but she made a mental note to ask about it as soon as Tessa was finished. That must have been the discovery of her abilties, Celine reasoned.

She smiled as Celine mentioned Will. It sounded a little like one of the stories told to mundane children; knights riding in to save maidens from the wraths of witches and monsters. A very recurring theme in such stories but one that still held its charms and joys.

Tessa's story continued and Celine listened as the warlock told her about her conflicting feelings for both Will and Jem. Parabatai of all things. Celine visibly grimaced. She couldn't imagine the scale of how awkward that was, especially for the men. But soon her questions on that matter were settled as Tessa went on to tell her about how things had panned out. Not just with that love triangle but with discovering the truth about Mortmain, about herself, her background...

It all sounded like... well the thing was that Celine didn't know. She'd never heard of anything like this happening before - especially involving an actual angel. She sat there rubbing at her temples, not sure if she even could believe certain parts. And yet Tessa wasn't a liar. Besides some of the story did explain the birthmark that the Herondale men had. More importantly, she was family and Celine trusted her family.

When Tessa finished, Celine reached over and took her hand, suddenly feeling a bit overwhelmed on Tessa's behalf. Not only having to make a choice between the two men she loved - especially considering their rather beautiful, strange, triangle - but having to say goodbye to Jem on another level too. “You're stronger than I thought... all of that,” she murmured, “and being a woman in that age too and... everything that was going on with who you are... you're incredible.” She told her.

Tessa Gray

--------------------
user posted image

PM EMAIL
^
Tessa Gray
 Posted: Oct 16 2016, 06:44 PM

Age // 145

Posts // 101

She/her

Location // Manhattan

Status // Single +

Gyoro + GMT

Tessa nodded. "I know, it wasn't so much time keeping, just...a very busy project I could not turn back from. As it is, I can say no more on it," she said. Time, as she was finding, was strange for warlocks. She'd had this conversation before with a few people, that they had all the time in the world, therefore there was no rush to do anything, be anywhere...yet humans had so little time. She'd gone one or two generations without meeting them, but now...now she was here. After Stephen, she didn't want the Herondale line to fall so far again. That and she missed her descendants.

"And you will. You can bring Skye if you wish, or not, anyone you wish to bring is good in my books, after all, I know you have good taste," Tessa said. It was nice meeting Celine's parabatai; the two of them together definitely fit, but then that was the very point of parabatai.

The story was a long one, wearying, yet she felt comfortable telling it. After perhaps her grandchildren, she became more distant. She had basically vanished by the time Marcus came around, so she only vaguely knew him and his future wife, Imogen, who was quite a character. Stephen she only knew of in name. It was a little sad, really, but as time went on, it grew stranger and stranger for her to be in their lives, especially since they seemed to drift into their own. She didn't know if being in their lives might have stopped Stephen from straying so far, but as it was, between the Spiral Labyrinth and feeling so disconnected, it was too late.

However, explaining herself to Amatis, and being in Celine's life, and doing the same with the Blackthorns, a few years earlier after hearing about Andrew's situation. It was difficult, and she had felt guilty for missing out on their lives, but she felt good for going there sooner than later.

Tessa smiled, not having felt like that at the time, but maybe she was. She'd come out of it still standing, at the very least. "I'm flattered that you would say that, I know I felt so helpless at the time," she said. She'd been careful not to go into detail about Benedict and his, ah, issues. She didn't feel that was her history to uncover, especially since she knew there were Lightwoods around. Tessa laughed a little. "Charlotte, oh, that woman was amazing, but she wasn't looked on too favourably; it was rarer for women to be in such positions."

She walked over to a desk in there, touching the wood of it. "My pendant is supposed to be in this library, actually. On display, I think. Sometimes I miss it, sometimes I agree with my decision to give it up. So far I'm sticking to my guns, which I am glad of. It is the past that doesn't need resurfacing," Tessa said. She looked at the desk. "Is this anyone's in particular?"

Words: 503

--------------------
PM EMAIL
^
Celine Herondale
 Posted: Oct 26 2016, 02:48 PM

Age // 17

Posts // 137

She/Her

Location // New York

Sexuality // Pansexual

Louise + GMT-0

Celine waved a hand at Tessa's admission that she couldn't say much more on the project she'd been working on. “I don't really care about the project, I'm just glad I get to see you,” she told her great great great grandmother. She'd be lying if she denied being curious about the kind of work that Tessa did in the Spiral Labyrinth. But then it wasn't as if she didn't have her own work down here and that was very different to what Tessa did. So in that sense it was good to each have their own missions.

She grinned as Tessa complimented her about her taste in people. “Yeah Skye's pretty amazing,” she agreed. Amazing didn't describe her parabatai. Words couldn't really do justice to someone who physically felt like a part of you, with the runes and had always been emotionally part of you too.

Tessa spoke about how helpless she felt and Celine immediately reached for her hand. “Well for someone who was 'helpless' you seemed to cope so well.” It sounded like the sort of thing that would take place in a novel. The villain making the heroes jump through hoops, a dramatic rallying of the good guys and the end battle for success. All of these things made for great entertainment in works of fiction but for real life - Celine shuddered to imagine all of that fear and uncertainty. She'd rather take many ordinary nights of demon slaying.

She watched as Tessa moved over to the desk, talking about some pendant. “Is the pendant here?” she asked. She looked closer at the desk and shrugged at the question. “It's Hodge Starkweather's, the tutor here.”

Tessa Gray

--------------------
user posted image

PM EMAIL
^
Tessa Gray
 Posted: Oct 26 2016, 05:28 PM

Age // 145

Posts // 101

She/her

Location // Manhattan

Status // Single +

Gyoro + GMT

Tessa smiled, relieved. Not that she expected anything else, but to know that Celine understood. After all, the Spiral Labyrinth was such a secret thing that even mentioning its whereabouts to a non-warlock would cause her to die a painful death. Honestly, the secrets of the Shadow World could be truly terrifying. She was quite content to take this time to spend with her descendants, especially now that she had a better grasp on things, though it was always going to be painful.

"That she is, you both are truly wonderful people. You two are as two parabatai should be, as I have seen them, a few times," Tessa said. She'd seen them, especially Will and Jem, two warriors who fought as one, like brothers, perhaps closer. It was a beautiful bond, unlike anything she'd heard of before. Tessa was glad Celine had found someone to parabatai with, to fight with and rely on. It meant that even if there were times when Tessa couldn't be there, someone would have her back and look after her. She knew Shadowhunters were tough, but they were also prone to dying in battle.

Tessa chuckled, remembering back to that time in her life. Honestly, her life has been relatively peaceful since then, especially once she officially left the Shadowhunters. Even if she still kept in contact with her children and grandchildren, so on, she never really returned to that life. "Not too much choice in the matter, however...it has all made me what I am today," she said softly.

She looked at the desk. "I doubt it will be in this desk, but I suppose it is somewhere. Maybe we can explore," Tessa said. She raised her eyebrows. "Hodge Starkweather...of course." She murmured. She walked around the desk and found an item, one that didn't seem like a general one. She twirled it in her fingers and smiled a little at Celine. "Do you wish to see my ability?"

When Celine indicated she did, Tessa nodded and held the object. Of course, there was a chance this would not work, but honestly, unless someone was hiding Lucifer or Raziel's soul in it, she wouldn't have a problem. Unlike many years ago, the Change came easily and quite quickly, and suddenly she stood there as a physically older man. "Ehem, as you can see..." She said, and unlike in the past, she had made sure to have her magic deftly transform her clothes to suit the man she was turning into.

Words: 417

--------------------
PM EMAIL
^
Celine Herondale
 Posted: Dec 13 2016, 04:00 PM

Age // 17

Posts // 137

She/Her

Location // New York

Sexuality // Pansexual

Louise + GMT-0

Celine's cheeks blossomed with pink at her ancestor's kind words. “Tessa, if your goal in life is to make me turn permanently fuchsia then I'm pretty sure you're succeeding really well,” she laughed as she placed her hands to her cheeks in a vain and vague attempt to cool them down. “But thank you. Skye is...” she hesitated. “I can't even define it. She's more than a friend, a sister or anything else.” Out of all of them, she would define her as more of a sister. It was through Skye's family that Celine had even formed bonds of siblings. The Nightwolfs had made Skye feel like one of their own.

“Well,” Celine said, “who you are today is pretty strong,” she told her as she leaned an arm across the back of her chair and watched her ancestor. “I know it's your story and... well, I'd never tell it without your consent but,” she hesitated for a moment, “if other people knew of how brave you were and how you can take care of yourself without magic, well, it would certainly teach some of those dinosaurs in the Clave a thing or two,” she finished with a wry smile.

Celine rose up, following Tessa at a distance and watching her admire the desk. She was on the verge of asking what the interest in Starkweather was about but then Tessa asked if she wanted to see her ability. Celine immediately lost interest in anything about Hodge and nodded once, grinning. “Hell yeah,” she told her, moving to place her hands on the side of the desk.

Tessa's transformation from her great great great grandmother to the Institute's aging instructor was so fluid that Celine had to blink to be sure that she'd actually seen what she had seen. She looked at Tessa from head to toe in utter silence. Her grin faltered for a moment before she laughed. “Wow.”

Jace Wayland

--------------------
user posted image

PM EMAIL
^
Tessa Gray
 Posted: Dec 28 2016, 07:47 PM

Age // 145

Posts // 101

She/her

Location // Manhattan

Status // Single +

Gyoro + GMT

Tessa laughed. "Not quite, but I suppose it is an added bonus, you look adorable," she teased. She remembered Will teasing her much the same, and she rolled her eyes at him, but understood in time the amusement in such a thing. You learnt in life that those closest to you are the ones who can tease and be teased the best and yet knowing full well it is nothing serious. "Having seen Parabatai in action, with both my husband and my children having them, it is...quite a bond. And I am glad you have found someone you could have such a bond with."

She smiled. "Thank you, you're very kind. I suppose that could be the case, though it certainly didn't feel like it at the time. It's not meant to; dangerous situations can make you feel utterly powerless and on the losing side," Tessa said. It didn't help, of course, that she had been what was believed to be human and next to useless while Will and the others were able to protect themselves (and ultimately her). "I am not so sure it would help; chances are, they had it all in their records, they just choose to pretend it didn't happen or simply it was forgotten. Still, improvement has happened."

A young Shadowhunter entered the room. Jace Wayland. She could hear thoughts that were not her own and she was quite comfortable with this by now, but these thoughts were certainly unusual. She swallowed. "Not especially," Tessa said, her voice mimicking Hodge's perfectly. Looking at him, the memories darted to the first moment Hodge met the young man before her. Recognition, the name especially. Jonathan Christopher Wayland, but there were other whispers. Herondale. She closed her eyes, her (Hodge's) face clearly bothered by something.

She hadn't felt this disconcerted from a Change in quite a while, but she couldn't help the gasp. She watched what Hodge did, giving a baby boy to Valentine and secretly giving the girl to Amatis. Given that the woman was Celine Herondale sr, and given all the other thoughts and memories...

Tessa's hand was at her mouth and she Changed back into herself, unable to hold it any longer in her shock.

Words: 370

--------------------
PM EMAIL
^
Jace Herondale
 Posted: May 31 2018, 11:19 AM

Age // 17

Posts // 16

He/Him/His

Location // New York Institute

Status // Single +

Irish + EST

We can be heroes everywhere we go

The library was probably one of the last places that anyone was likely to look for Jace given that he hardly spent any time there. He much preferred training and other sorts of physical activities to books. It wasn’t in his nature to sit still for hours at a time other than flipping through the pages of some tome or story. That was more up his parabatai’s alley than it was his own. Still, something had come up in a conversation earlier, and it had been something that Jace wasn’t overly familiar with. While reading wasn’t something he enjoyed, not knowing something was something he enjoyed less. He wasn’t about to ask anyone about it either. He’d figure it out himself. So he had headed for the library with that in mind.

He’d been hoping that it would be unoccupied, but as he stepped inside he saw Hodge standing there with a blonde shadowhunter. It took a moment for her name to come to him, but he remembered it after a moment—Celine Herondale. He didn’t really know her. He’d never made the effort to. They’d been getting all new shadowhunters at the Institute lately, but Jace had mostly kept to himself outside of flirting with some of the prettier ones. Celine was certainly pretty enough, but for some reason, Jace had never been particularly interested.

The pair of them looked like they were up to something, which he supposed wasn’t the strangest things. Hodge was an instructor for everyone here. Still there seemed to be a level of familiarity there that he wouldn’t have expected given that Celine was new to the Institute and Hodge couldn’t leave it. He came to a stop though and folded his arms over his chest as his golden eyes observed the pair. ”Am I interrupting something,” he asked the pair—a lone brow lifted in a way that conveyed his uncertainty of the current situation in front of him.

The answer he got from Hodge was annoyingly vague, but before he could decide whether to press or just ignore them, Hodge’s eyes closed. His face twisted into something uncomfortable looking, and Jace frowned in return as he glanced at Celine. ”What is wrong with him,” he demanded. The minute the words left his lips though, Hodge shifted suddenly turning into a woman with brown hair and no runes. She was in the Institute as well so not a demon. It left warlock. ”Why is a warlock masquerading as an Academy instructor,” he asked as he looked between the pair with eyes narrowed suspiciously.

Tag: Celine Herondale & Tessa Gray
yuki
PM
^
Celine Herondale
 Posted: May 31 2018, 11:56 AM

Age // 17

Posts // 137

She/Her

Location // New York

Sexuality // Pansexual

Louise + GMT-0

Celine smiled as she listened to Tessa. She was reminded, once again, of how much she loved to have her ancestor about. She was glad she'd chosen to take a break and visit more often. Having her here reminded Celine of how easily she'd always been able to talk to Tessa. Maybe it had something to do with her not being a parent or a sister. She was related but their set up allowed them to communicate more as friends. She watched as Tessa did her transformation, her eyes lighting up in amazement.

Once it had taken place, Celine looked Tessa up and down. “That's flawless,” she said admiringly. Although she knew warlocks could shapeshift through spells and potions or whatever, she'd never heard of one doing it through a personal effect. Even when Tessa had explained it to her, it had been strange to visualise it. Now she could see the evidence in front of her eyes.

She heard someone else come in and recognised him immediately. Jace Wayland, the Lightwoods' ward or something. Alec's parabatai. But there was something else. Something deeper within her recognised him. Just for a moment there was just a little flicker but then it disappeared, leaving Celine feeling confused. What the hell was that about? He asked about interrupting something and Celine went to answer.

Tessa did and her voice was such a perfect imitation of Hodge's that the young Shadowhunter laughed aloud at it. “Oh wow that was a perfect imitation,” she said. “Is that included in the Change or do you have to do another spell for that.” It occurred to her as she spoke that she was probably confusing the hell out of Jace who had just walked in. She was about to tell him that it was just her ancestor transforming into Hodge and that there was nothing to worry about, when Jace suddenly asked what was wrong with Hodge.

Celine looked back, the words on the tip of her tongue, ready to say that he really was fine and that there was nothing to worry about. But something was bothering Tessa, she could see it. “Are you alright? What's wrong?” she asked. Was it too much to impersonate him? “Look maybe you should stop?” she suggested but Tessa was already doing so. Celine kept a careful eye on her as she approached the desk.

Jace's question reached her from the doorway. “She was just showing me what she could do,” Celine said. “She doesn't mean any harm,” she also added.

Tessa Gray Jace Herondale

--------------------
user posted image

PM EMAIL
^
Tessa Gray
 Posted: Jun 11 2018, 05:15 PM

Age // 145

Posts // 101

She/her

Location // Manhattan

Status // Single +

Gyoro + GMT

Jace coming into the room was certainly triggering numerous memories that Hodge had of him, along with some others which were...terrifying. Valentine, the twins, the Circle...When she changed back, she was glad and she took a deep breath. She summoned herself a glass of water with ice, drinking it before putting it down and placing a hand on Celine's shoulder. "Shock, that is all. When I take on a form like that, I hear their thoughts, I see their memories. At least, depending on the individual," Tessa explained. She looked at Jace, surprise and something else in her expression.

"I'm sorry that you have had to meet me in such a condition, Jace..." Tessa said, though she bit her lip, looking between them both. "I'm afraid the things I have seen are not very pleasant. Some in general, and...some of it involves both of you, actually." Her thoughts were all scattered, she didn't know whether she was making sense.

"On the 22nd January, 1999, Hodge helped retrieve twins from a deceased Celine Herondale, but after giving Valentine Morgenstern the male twin, he suddenly decided to tell him that the twin was deceased, and later gave the twin girl to Amatis Graymark. Amatis named her Celine Herondale, after her mother, and Valentine took the son and named him Jonathan Christopher Wayland," Tessa said, rubbing a hand over her face before returning it to her lap. "Hodge recognised you the moment you arrived here when you were ten, Jace and he recognised you, Celine, when you arrived here."

She didn't know what else to say right now; they needed time to process it.

Tag: Jace Herondale
Words: 271

--------------------
PM EMAIL
^
Jace Herondale
 Posted: Jun 14 2018, 08:46 AM

Age // 17

Posts // 16

He/Him/His

Location // New York Institute

Status // Single +

Irish + EST

We can be heroes everywhere we go

Glamour wasn’t so uncommon that Jace was disturbed by seeing who he had thought was Hodge suddenly become a woman with brown hair. What bothered him was why it was even happening in the first place. A downworlder inside the Institute using the disguise of one of their instructors was certainly something to be suspicious of. Celine however insisted that the woman had merely been showing her what she could do. ”She’s here with you then,” he asked simply—wanting to know why this warlock was here in the first place. He didn’t really have anything against Downworlders, but he did tend to view them the same way that he viewed mundanes, which was not particularly favorably. He knew that logically most of them were just fine; they just weren’t shadowhunters. Still, he was at least trying to keep an open mind considering that his parabatai was now dating one. Alec had always been a better person than he was though so it was hardly surprising that he was better at accepting people for who they were as an individual rather than what they were.

He listened as the woman explained that when she took on the form of someone that she could heard their thoughts and see memories. It didn’t exactly leave him feeling comfortable because the last thing he wanted was anyone inside his head. Even Alec—the person he was arguably closest to—only knew so much about his past and how he felt. He certainly didn’t want some stranger knowing any of that. The feeling was made worse too when she apologized to him by using his name. His frown deepened as she went on speaking—the words not making enough sense to follow very well.

Then she started to speak of Celine Herondale, and for a moment Jace thought he meant the girl standing next to her, but he realized after a moment she was referring to the girl’s mother. He wasn’t sure how any of this related to him as she spoke of a male twin that was given to Valentine. It wasn’t until he heard his name that he even attempted to piece together what it was what she was going on about. So even after she said it, it took a few moments for him to process the fact that she was saying that he had been the twin. She was saying that he was a Herondale, the twin brother of Celine—that he had never been a Wayland and that the man who he had seen as a father for ten years had been none other than Valentine.

At first he felt this irrational spike in anger towards the woman. Here was this stranger who had just walked into his home and suddenly informed him that his entire life was a lie. How dare she? Under the anger though was fear and confusion that came with what it meant if she was telling the truth. He didn’t know her though. While she might not have any reason to lie to him, it didn’t mean he believed her. According to her though, there was someone he did know though who could confirm that. The thought had his golden eyes flashing as he turned abruptly on his heel and strode out of the library with one thought on his mind. He was going to find Hodge.

yuki
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

OPTIONS REPLY NEW TOPIC START POLL

Affiliates
Resources & Directories
Sister Sites
Static
Scrolling