Welcome to Clave!

The Shadow World is full of whispers and rumours that Valentine Morgenstern, renegade Shadowhunter, is alive and well. Not only that but speculation is spreading that the cunning Nephilim is searching for one of the most revered treasures of the Shadowhunter world - the Mortal Cup. With it, he could create an army that would make his former Circle look like a group of missionless fanatics.

But the Clave are prepared. For years they have been summoning the second born of Shadowhunter families and training them especially as part of an Anti-Circle organization. If Valentine tries to recruit his old followers again, the Clave will be ready, and this time the Circle would be fighting against their own children....

Nephilim
51 M
59 F
00 NB
Warlock
27 M
28 F
01 NB
Vampire
15 M
17 F
00 NB
Werewolf
18 M
21 F
01 NB
Faerie
06 M
07 F
00 NB
Mundane
09 M
14 F
01 NB
Demon
03 M
01 F
00 NB

REPLY NEW TOPIC START POLL

Another Try, Tag: Maia Roberts July 14th
Jordan Kyle
 Posted: Mar 29 2018, 08:48 PM

Age // 18

Posts // 19

He/Him/His

Location // New York

Sexuality // Heterosexual

Status // Complicated +

Shade +

Jordan wanted to forget about her. He wanted to focus on his work. He was a trusted member of the Praetor Lupus after all. He had recently been given a new assignment too. He needed to stop thinking about his own issues and try to get his recently-turned vampire client on the right track. For now, Jordan let the poor soul sleep, given said poor soul would burn up from sun exposure otherwise. But by not having the vampire to focus on, his thoughts went right back to Maia Roberts.

He needed to put all that had happened behind him, continue to embrace his current life, and, more importantly, let Maia live hers. If she was happy with the New York Pack, then he had no business disrupting that. After sitting in his apartment for a while, playing a few video games, he decided the best way to take his mind off of her was placing it on food. His stomach was growling anyway and his fridge was poorly stocked.

Jordan decided on a burger at Taki's. He stepped in and sat. He looked over the werewolf's part of the menu for about five seconds, then went to the Mundane page. He wasn't one for raw meat unless he had no other choice. A werewolf server came over and Jordan gave her his order: A double bacon cheeseburger and fries with a Diet Pepsi.

Maia Roberts
PM
^
Maia Roberts
 Posted: Apr 14 2018, 07:45 AM

Age // 17

Posts // 27

She/Her

Location // New York

Status // Single +

"I don't need your help."

Louise + GMT-0

It had been some time since Maia had spoken to Lily about Jordan and even more time since she had run into her ex-boyfriend again. The vampire's advice was sound but as luck would have it, when she wanted to run into Jordan again, she didn't seem to be able to find him. But at the same time she still felt too afraid to look for him either. So she reasoned that maybe fate would have them lead back to each other at some point. Then they could have the conversation. So she had settled on that train of thought even though she felt like a bit of a coward for doing so.

In the meantime she had gotten on with life, sorted out a couple of minor disputes within the wolf pack. Stuff that Luke didn't need to bother with. It kept her busy and it was a good distraction.

One day, after a quiet afternoon in the Hunter's Moon and then the precinct, Maia's stomach rumbled and she felt an ache for Taki's food. So she walked there, letting her appetite grow stronger as she did.

Maia stopped as soon as she entered the restaurant. Of course, there he was now, she thought as Jordan caught her gaze. A good portion of Maia's being told her to turn round and go someplace else, maybe get some Chinese. But Lily's words rang in her ears and so Maia forced herself to move forward.

She walked towards his table. “Jordan hey.”

Jordan Kyle

--------------------
Credit for my gifs goes to ddlovatosrps
PM EMAIL
^
Jordan Kyle
 Posted: Apr 18 2018, 01:56 PM

Age // 18

Posts // 19

He/Him/His

Location // New York

Status // Complicated +

Shade +

He Jordan was looking over the menu again to see if there was anything good for dessert. That was another thing about being a werewolf... big meals. He was the kind of guy who order two pizzas or a whole lot of Chinese food just for himself. He saw they had some desserts in big portions and smiled. However, that smiled turned to surprise when he looked up to see Maia. He quickly looked away. No... he wasn't going to bother her. He was going to keep his promise. He wasn't going to bother her. He really didn't want her to go nuts on him, and he definitely didn't want her friends to do so, and create tension between the New York Pack and the Praetor Lupus...

And then she spoke to him. Her voice didn't sound angry, but he didn't want to take a risk.

"Maia... I'm..." he began. "I didn't know you were going to be here, I swear. I wasn't following you. I'll go somewhere else to eat. It's no big deal." He then rose and was about to make his way out the door. Fortunately, nothing was brought to him yet, so he wouldn't be accused of stealing and add that drama.

Maia Roberts
PM
^
Maia Roberts
 Posted: Apr 23 2018, 07:40 AM

Age // 17

Posts // 27

She/Her

Location // New York

Status // Single +

Louise + GMT-0

Maia hated that she felt guilty when Jordan said that he would leave. She hated that he was so willing to get out of her way even if he had been there first. She hated that he wasn't an asshole and was making things easier for her. In doing so he was making her feel like she was chasing him away, like she was an unreasonable ex. And she really, really hated that as well. Even though these were good things, him being considerate and trying to spare her feelings, these qualities just didn't work with everything she'd thought about him for years. They threw her off and made her feel nervous as well as angry.

“Actually,” Maia said quickly, “don't,” she said. She wished that she wasn't in this situation, where she wasn't having to confront her difficult past so she could move on like other people did. She wished that she could be like other people whose problems were smaller ones, like saving up money to go to the movies or something. Not having to worry about stuff like this. But the vampire Lily's, advice rang in Maia's ears.

“Look,” she said sitting down opposite him. “I want to talk to you,” she said and she looked nervous. She picked up a menu and looked over it. If she was going to have an unpleasant conversation, she was going to do it with a burger and fries inside her stomach at the very least.

Jordan Kyle

--------------------
PM EMAIL
^
Jordan Kyle
 Posted: Apr 30 2018, 10:52 AM

Age // 18

Posts // 19

He/Him/His

Location // New York

Status // Complicated +

Shade +

Jordan slowly turned when Maia said that she didn't want him to leave, and that she wanted to talk to him. This was not the Maia he had seen last time, the one who wanted nothing more to do with him, despite anything he had to say. He wondered what had changed her mind. Slowly and cautiously, he sat back down. He hoped that she wasn't so bitter than she had followed him there and was setting him up for some kind of ambush. He then felt stupid for thinking that. Maia would never stoop that low, bitterness or not.

"Look, Maia, we don't have to do this,"
he said. "I'm not going to lie and say I don't still care about you, but I can't deny things went really wrong between us. I'm good with you living your life with the Pack and me doing my job with the Praetor. Maybe... well not maybe... it's better that we have our own lives there." He then realized that he probably needed to shut up. Maia had something to say or else she wouldn't have asked him to stay. It was time he stopped moping and let Maia say her peace.

Maia Roberts
PM
^
Maia Roberts
 Posted: May 7 2018, 10:10 AM

Age // 17

Posts // 27

She/Her

Location // New York

Status // Single +

Louise + GMT-0

Maia's eyes became flooded with impatience and anger when Jordan spoke about how things were between them and what he'd be okay with. Was he really making this all about him? Really? He was lucky she was damn speaking to him. One of her fists began to clench and her blood heated up below the surface. She recognised that sensation of rising rage. It was dangerous for a wolf to get too angry, or at least for Maia to get that angry. She didn't want to lose control like Jordan had done. She had no interest in turning anyone into a wolf. She was just thankful that she hadn't done so already. Every day she thanked her luck that it hadn't happened. Those first few weeks, months even, were so hard on a new wolf.

Eventually Jordan shut up and Maia's hand unclenched. She looked down at the menu like she was seriously considering what she was having. She then lowered the menu. “I think we have to talk about it,” she said with a struggling composure, “so we can both move past it. Then we can live our separate lives,” she said. To her, Jordan seemed to be already on his way to doing that but she was falling behind and she was the one who had been hurt. So they needed to even things out in that way.

Jordan Kyle

--------------------
PM EMAIL
^
Jordan Kyle
 Posted: May 10 2018, 08:53 PM

Age // 18

Posts // 19

He/Him/His

Location // New York

Status // Complicated +

Shade +

Even with Maia calling him back so they could talk, Jordan wasn't expecting a big make-up session with the two back in each others' arms again. He figured this would be one of those "closure" things. That didn't make it sting less. He had still dreamed of a world where the two of them could put the past behind them and be together again. He still hoped for the return of a past that he had screwed up. He knew it was all foolish though. Maia made it clear this was about talking about moving on, and that's what it would be.

"Yeah, I'm... good with that," he said. "But I've ran my mouth enough already. Why don't you begin? I imagine you have a few things you want to say to me." He wondered just what he was setting up in saying that. Would Maia get so heated that she would end up turning and attacking him? Would she be quiet and cold, intent on making Jordan even guiltier than he already felt? He felt the best he could hope for was civility. Kindness, compassion, forgiveness, all of that was probably out of the question. Suddenly, he just wanted to get this all over with.

Maia Roberts
PM
^
Maia Roberts
 Posted: May 29 2018, 12:29 PM

Age // 17

Posts // 27

She/Her

Location // New York

Status // Single +

Louise + GMT-0

28 May 2018
00:33

Maia glanced over the menu again. At this point she knew what she was having but she needed a moment to gather her thoughts before she spoke to Jordan properly. After scrutinizing the menu again, she exhaled and lowered it, pushing it to one side. She folded her arms, it offered her some level of protection. Not that she felt any physical indication of a threat coming from Jordan but tell that to her memories. It wouldn't change overnight and the memory of that night was still raw in her head.

“Just... can you just tell me about that night? The night you turned me. What was going through your head? What happened... I just feel like we should start there.” Although there was a great deal of other things that had gone on in the weeks before it had happened. In hindsight she wasn't proud of using that other guy to make him jealous but she felt that the punishment had far outweighed the crime in this case. She had to live with it for the rest of her life now.

The waitress came over and she gave her an order for a burger, fries and a Coca-Cola.

Jordan Kyle

--------------------
PM EMAIL
^
Jordan Kyle
 Posted: May 31 2018, 07:37 PM

Age // 18

Posts // 19

He/Him/His

Location // New York

Status // Complicated +

Shade +

This was going to be painful. Jordan had hated himself for what he did that night. He had despised himself for what he had done to Maia. To talk about it... revisit it... it was going to eat himself up inside. However, he felt Maia had a right to know anything she wanted to know regarding their past. So he told the story:

"It was like all those weird feelings that had come over me after I'd been bitten- the anger, the jealousy when you talked to other guys, the worry that I was going to lose you... it just all came to a head when I first turned. When I became a wolf, I just went absolutely nuts. There was no one there to control me. I was wild and vicious and blood-thirsty, and when I saw you, I just saw red. It was like because I loved you so much, and also because I was so jealous of anyone else being with you, you were my target... the only person I could go after. It was like the curse of being a werewolf was taking me over completely. Maia, when I attacked you, it was like Jordan Kyle wasn't even there anymore... and the next thing I knew, you were lying there and bleeding... and I just freaked the hell out and ran."

She then took a deep breath when it was over.

"You wanted the truth, and that was the truth," he said.

Maia Roberts
PM
^
Maia Roberts
 Posted: Jun 9 2018, 04:48 AM

Age // 17

Posts // 27

She/Her

Location // New York

Status // Single +

Louise + GMT-0

28 May 2018
00:33

Listening to Jordan, Maia could certainly empathise with the craziness of one's first turning. It was intense and horrible and there was no controlling it without outside help. It was like you didn't have the reins anymore on your own body. You didn't have any say on what was happening to you. It was the most volatile feeling in the world and you had to endure what happened because the wolf took over and led you into destruction. That part of the story Maia could understand because she'd been through it. He had done that to her and so she had experienced it.

But listening to the emotions that had been going through his head. All the anger and jealousy building up. She could believe that even if it did send a shiver through her when he spoke of those emotions picking her out as a target. As much as her life would have been easier if Jordan had gone after a stranger, she knew that, deep down, she was glad that he hadn't. At least this had been kept between the two of them rather than anyone else. It didn't make things much better but it was better than someone else suffering because of what had been going on between them.

Maia bowed her head. She thought about the effort she'd gone to to make Jordan jealous. She wished she had known that she was only making the situation worse for herself back then. She could have done things different. But at the same time, she just wished that he had goddamn talked to her. It was too late for him to not be a werewolf but she could have helped.

“I wish you'd taken a chance and talked to me.” Maia said sadly. “Or just told me you were feeling these things. Maybe we could have had a conversation that helped.”

Jordan Kyle

--------------------
PM EMAIL
^
Jordan Kyle
 Posted: Jun 13 2018, 08:38 PM

Age // 18

Posts // 19

He/Him/His

Location // New York

Status // Complicated +

Shade +

Jordan got what Maia was saying. Yes, he should have talked with her. He should have expressed his feelings. Maybe... just maybe this could have been resolved. However, he wasn't like he was now... calmer, more mature, in his right mind. It was all about feelings back then, impulses. It was about not being in control and doing all the wrong things to try to get that control back.

"I should have talked to you," he said. "If I could go back and change things, I would have. But I didn't listen to my better judgement then. I didn't listen to a heart that loved you more than anything. I listened to my rage, my jealousy, every stupid, negative thing that was overtaking me. Maia, I should have told her what I was feeling, but... those feelings had controlled me. I can't change that. I can't change what I did to you. All I can do is make things right by letting you walk away and enjoy your life with the Pack." Jordan sighed and let it out. "There's no other way that I can prove that I still love you."

Maia Roberts
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

OPTIONS REPLY NEW TOPIC START POLL

Affiliates
Resources & Directories
Sister Sites
Static
Scrolling